EOC at a glanceUniversity of Flensburg/Germany by Ministerial Decree. It is located in Kampus Bukit Jimbaran/Bali in neighbourhood of other academic institutions.
After successful implementation more universities and business schools of higher education officially joined EOC since 2010 with the function of an affiliated institution, i.e.
- Cologne Business School in Cologne (Germany).
- International School of Management in Dortmund, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich (Germany).
- Leipzig Graduate School of Management in Leipzig (Germany).
- University of Applied Sciences in Ingolstadt (Germany).
- University of Applied Sciences of Deggendorf/Bavaria (Germany).
- University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain).
The Semester ProgramRead more about the courses available at EOC
How to applyYou can apply online here.
Why EOC ?Today’s increasingly globalized world poses many challenges when seeking job opportunities and higher level education. Employers expect new competencies, such as ability to work and live harmoniously in different cultures. The EOC program helps to understand the complexities of relations between countries, economies, cultures and people by developing
- professional background,
- international experience,
- intercultural competence.
The combination of studying and living in an Asian culture gives firsthand experience of the fastest growing economic region in the world.
Besides this the EOC offers additional advantages for students from Europe like:
- international study contents presented by lecturers from Asia-Pacific and Europe
- all courses are taught in English, the international business language
- studying together with participants from different universities and/or nationalities
- living in a different cultural, religious, economic and non-western environment
- studying abroad with quality criteria as in Europe
- and so EOC is a contribution for students from Europe to be prepared for new professional challenges in a global competition and for internationalization of European universities abroad.
What makes it so different to study at EOC ?EOC offers "semester programs" from September to February (attendance period from September to December) in English language with lecturers from Asia, Australia, USA, and Europe for students studying "International Management" and also "International Tourism Management" with an option of internship in the tourism sector of Bali.
Compared to other study programs the EOC offers the following advantages:
- EOC semester programs are under specific topics (i.e. International Management, Globalization, International Tourism, Economics of Asia-Pacific) while other programs are often only "Studium Generale".
- The EOC program is based on accredited study modules in Germany while other overseas programs normally are not related to accreditation under Bologna criteria.
- Lecturers of EOC are all with high academic qualification and international experience from universities in Asia, Australia & New Zealand, USA, and Europe.
- EOC semester programs are all in the international business language, means English, and not in Bahasa Indonesia.
- EOC follows strict quality standards of ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), so there are no complaints that marks and credits of EOC are not accepted in Europe.
- EOC's branding is quality which requires motivation and engagement of students.
- EOC takes only small groups (20-25 students) per semester for individual coaching and high lecturer to student ratio (1:20).
- EOC program is the only program in Bali which is fully organized and permanently supervized by a German professor on site.
- EOC organizes everything including all excursions within Indonesia which is included in the study fee.
- ...and last not least:
Alumni of EOC can come back to Bali to write their Bachelor- or Master thesis under supervision of EOC without any study fee (!!)
EOC supports its Alumni when applying for postgraduate or PhD programs with "Letter of Recommendation" - this has helped already many EOC Alumni for further academic studies around the globe!